Monday, October 10, 2011

Star Wars Baby Shower


Two of my best friends are having a baby so I decided to have a Star Wars themed baby shower, because I wanted it to be a coed shower.  I wanted the guys to feel as though it was not a typical shower.  I do not know very much about Star Wars so I used Google to help motivate my ideas.  I hope you enjoy the ideas I came up with, and maybe even find something helpful for a party you may want to throw.

 FOOD

I named all the food after Star Wars characters
I googled a list of Star Wars characters and then picked names that sounded good with my food item.
Here is a list of my food names:
 Anakin-Pasto Tray - Antipasto tray
Obi-Wan Fruit Tray - Fruit Tray
Nausage Balls - Sausage Balls (Nausage is a food that they ate in Star Wars....I think)
Darth Veggie Traya - Veggie tray
Shaak Tea - tea
Yoda Soda - limeage, sprite, and lime sherbert....I did not come up with this name.
Boba Fett Bean Dip - Seven Layer Bean dip (recipe below)
Ackbar Artichoke Dip - Spinach and Artichoke dip


 Seven Layer Bean Dip
1 large can refried beans                                                                      
1-16oz Sour cream
1-16oz guacamole dip (or fresh)
1- 12oz Salsa
Shredded lettuce (optional)
12 oz shredded cheese
Layer all ingredients as listed in a 9x13 glass dish, 
Jalapeno peppers
tomatoes
black olives
Apply the last three ingredients in the design of Boba Fett.  (you can also do Yoda's face)



ALL THE EXTRAS
 I made a baby journal for people to write parenting advice in, Yoda style.  I printed pictures from the internet and used Mod Podge to seal them to the composition book.  I also used the book to keep the record of the gifts that were given. 
 I had some generic powder I wanted to add the theme of star wars to for the gift basket I made...so I printed, "Use the Force" and, "Jedi Powder"  and used Mod Podge (a type of craft glue) to cover it up.
 This is another item I threw in the basket.  Again, I printed it from the internet, and used Mod Podge and adhered it to the mug.  The mug will only be used for decoration.
 I crocheted this Princess Leia hat.  Stay tuned and I will try to come up with a crochet pattern for this.  I could not find a free one anywhere online. 
 I used Baby Picture Maker to create an image of what my friends baby would look like.  I decorated the frame using painted puzzle pieces and hot glue.  The baby's room decor is black and white.
 This is the basket I made for the parents to be. 

I also made a video/slideshow which started like the beginning crawl of the original Star Wars movie....
These words scrolled across the screen  while the Star Wars theme played in the background.


Right now, in a uterus not so far away... (then the Star Wars logo)
A fetus found nutrition from its mother.
Rebel adults, insistant upon being parents,
have won their first victory against
the evil Unfertility Empire

During the pregnancy,
the fetus managed to steal nutrition
and energy from its host,
Caty, a strong female
with enough power to destroy
an entire planet.

 Princess Chapman races home
in her uterus,
in hopes to push all boundaries set by the evil 
and one day restore her own freedom

Then I included random pictures of the parents to be as they have grown up.


CAKE
 This cake is very simple.  I made two sheet cakes, and put them side by side, and then froze the cake.  After the cake was frozen, take it out and cut into the shape of a baby shirt.  The logo on the front is printed from the internet and I used contact paper to cover it, you can also use plastic wrap.  Then pipe the icing around the sides, neck, sleeves, and bottom to complete the look of a onesie. 


FLOWERS
 Luckily I threw this party around Halloween.  It is hard to tell in this picture but the flowers are arranged in Darth Vader trick or treat bucket.  The flowers were arranged by Murfreesboro Flower Shoppe
Congrats Caty and KC....you will be good parents.

1 comment:

  1. I am totally in love with the Star Wars Baby Shower. You truly had me craving for all of the food. I also threw a vegan baby shower for my cousin and had hosted this bash at the local venue NYC. The décor was 4th of July themed and I had so much fun time planning this shower.

    ReplyDelete