Monday, July 18, 2011

My kids b-day party

Both of my kids have birthdays on the same day...so I thought I would show you a few of the pictures and share some of my party ideas with you.

 It was a Toy Story party.  I have a 7 year old and a 1 year old...they both really enjoy the movie.

Food
We made Pita Pizzas (like Pizza Planet) I bought Pita bread and toppings and portioned things out in little Dixie bathroom cups.

Games
 Mr. Potato Head race game--where we blind folded the kids and gave them 30 seconds to put Mr. Potato Head back together.

Army Man Hunt -- I hid army men in the backyard and had the kids hunt for them.

Pin the Tail on Bullseye -- I drew Bullseye on a piece of foam board without his tail, then made tails out of construction paper. 

Party Favors
Some of the Items that I put in the gift bags:   toy story color sheets, toy story ball, silly bands, crayons, stencils, sunglasses, and army men.  I also bought a large box of stickers and used them to make everything toy story themed, like on bubbles and memo pads.

Decorations
For the decorations we bought some Toy Story balloons, and the centerpiece kit they sell at Party City.  Instead of spending a lot of money on character plates, cups and tablecloths, we just bought brightly colored plates and such.  We used some of the stickers to put on the cups (they were pretty stinkin' cute.)

Cake





 Kaleb's (1 year old) cake
Alien cupcakes (Mentos for the eyes and rips for the ears and antennae)
Toy Story Birthday Cake




Toy Story Photo Props
                                                              
(I drew all three characters on a pieces of foam board and colored them with markers and painted on the back ground.  Then I cut out their faces so the kids could put in their faces.  It was a BIG hit!)
                                              
My daughter, Zayne (7 year old)


 
It was even a big hit with the adults.














No comments:

Post a Comment